Saturday, September 10, 2011

books and stories

   Our grandson spends a lot of time with us. His parents are now divorced and his mother is a police officer who has to be at work at 6:30am. He either spends the nite with us or she brings him here at 6am. When he spends the nite, before he goes to sleep I read him 2 books that he (most of the time) selects and then I have to tell him a story. Topics of the stories have to be cars- corvetts and mustangs, motorcycles- suzukies, or snakes. When he arrives  at 6am, he requests a book but I tell him it is too early. I suggest a story and that is OK with him. The nice thing for me is that he falls asleep before he hears the story so I can tell it again. The main character of each story is either a little boy or a young man. He does not have a name but my grandson know he is that character.

No comments:

Post a Comment