Monday, November 7, 2011

trip to Chattanooga

Our grandson's other grandmother needed to be away some extra days when she usually cares for him during the day. My husband and I decided to drive to Chattanooga, TN. He loves trains so we decided to stay in one of the train cars. at the Chattanooga Choco-Choco Hotel. Once we parked we walked down the lane of train cars and he could hardly believe we were  going to stay in one. Once in the car he  explored all parts of it and was really taken by the bathroom. Once he and my husband got out of the car before I did. It was a liitle dark and he came running back to get me so I "would be safe. I thanked him and gave him a big kiss . He proceeded to run down the aisle toward the engine. He always wanted to know what the name of the rods that are connected the wheels on the steam engine. My husband looked it up on the web and found out they are called connecting roods. Everytime he sees a steam engine he says "look at those connecting rods like he has discovered them all over again.
   We went to the Chattanooga aquarium in the morning and then drove out to the TVNR and took a ride on a stean drawn train. He was so well behaved it was amazing. The other day he asked if we could go back again.

1 comment: