Saturday, November 5, 2011

having mouth washed out wih soap.

I can't ever envision that my grandson will have his mouth washed out with soap but he loves to have me tell him what happened to me. "tell me the story of soap in your mouth."And once again with the telling I connect with my childhood. It was my mother's expectation that when she called me I would come home right away. This particular summer evening ,I was 8 or 9 years old and was playing playing kick the can with my friends on the next block over from my house. I heard my mother call me but didn't want to stop playing. I figured when I got home I would just tell her I didn't hear her because I was so far away. Well, she kept calling and I finally decided to go home. When I got home she said'" where have you been." I gave her my excuse but she didn't buy it and told me to go up to the bathroom. Up there she proceed to push a bar of soap into my teeth. It tasted awful and it took hours to get the the taste out of my mouth. I never did that again.. When I tell Brandon the story he thinks it is so funny and wants me to repeat it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment