Friday, May 20, 2011

skipping and jumping

On Thursdays my grandson spends the entire day with my husband and me. He and I take our 2 Westies for a morning walk.While still on our street he walks Lucy and especially likes for the 2 of them to walk on a neighbor's retaining wall.. We remember events that happened on previous walks- his being pulled down a neighbor's driveway when he came out with his dog and Lucy wanted to get to the dog. Once we get aound the corner I get to walk both dogs and he goes to say hello to Denise in the bakery. He my get a cookies if he had some nutritious food. Then he is off down the street. I love to what him skip (his version) and jump and run through the parking lots going behind the antique shops where all that is left is the cement foundation of a burned down building. He jumps up and runs back and forth as I put the 2 dogs up and get myself up. At the lower edge of the lot is a small path overgrown with blackberry bushes. This slows him down a little so I can catch up to him ( I worry about some creepy person lurking in the shadows). I try not to make him fearful but let him know I need keep him in my site. He runs to the small office of the motel and calls for Shirley.(we met her on one of our earlier walks). Shirley comes out and gives him a big hug and talks with him. Then we are off to the smelly  pond behind the building and reverse our trip and go home. Another story

No comments:

Post a Comment