Tuesday, May 3, 2011

my grandson and electronics

   We have too many electronics in this house. All but the TVs belong to my grandson's parents- xbox 360, wii and nintendo DS. He would often play a game on each one everyday. I would try and limit this by diverting his attention to other activities- playing cars inside or going outside to swing or play baseball or soccer or work in the garden, Often times it didn't work. I would use playing the DS as inducements for better behavior.
   He is 3 1/2 yrs old and is almost completely potty trained for urination but having a BM in the toilet is not happening. Everytime he is getting ready to have a BM he tells us but refuses to get on the toilet. We even have a potty that sits on the floor. He always tells me he will do it "next thursday" but it never happens. 1 month ago I told him that he would have until the next Thursday to have a BM in the potty or he would lose use of all the electronic. It didn't work and he is not using any of them .  When he goes to have a BM he says," I don't want to use any electronics." He never argues or causes any upset about this. When he finally does use the potty I will be sorry for him to use all those things again. For now we read a lot and play games etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment