Saturday, March 12, 2011

taking care of grandma/books and stories

  My grandson's parents are getting divorced and his life is in flux. He  is spending a lot more time with me and my husband. The other night I needed to go to the grocery to pick up 3 items. I was going to go by myself. When I told him this he broke into tears and hugged my legs. So I took him with me. As we were leaving the store he told me  he came with me because I needed him and he would take care of me. I told him I appreciated him doing that for me.
   It used to be a fight getting him bed but lately he tells me it time to play his DS, read at least 2 books and then I have to tell him 2 stories. His request for stories and my meager attempt to tell them may spur me on to learn to be a story teller.
   One other thing I was amazed at the other day. We read "The Fish who could wish." There is a page where the fish flies into space. There is a satelite and a space station. We got talking about radar in space and he made the connection with radar that police use- I don't know how.

No comments:

Post a Comment