Saturday, March 5, 2011

flowers and books

We were walking in the front yard and all of a sudden my grandson called, "grandma, grandma come here." As I walk to him he tells me to "look at this beautiful white flower." What is beautiful to him is a wilted white pansey but I agree that it is beautiful. The next day we are in the backyard and I decide to cut some daffodils and he was my helper. I held the stems and he cut them and then held them until we were finished. There was a skinny hyacinth that I decided to add to out bouquet. I let him smell it and he told me how beautiful it smelled. Once collected we ran up the stairs and into the house where he immediatly ran to his grandfathter and mother and said"look at this beautiful bouquet." He was rewarded with much praise from both of us.. Later that same day his other grandmother came to pick him up. As they walked by the small triangular garden on the way to her car he urged her to smell the hyacinths and broke off 1 small blossom from 2 plants so he could smell them in the care.
   When is mom is working late into the evening I usually put him to sleep. We read a couple of books and I have to tell stories that have to do with trains or corvetts or mustangs. The other day I started reading an old Bambi book we had. We made it thru the 1st 16 pages. His usual book is a short picture book. Last nite he picked Bambi again and we read 78 pages. I was amazed get had that much attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment