Thursday, March 1, 2012

messages vs instructions

When I tell my grandson a story before he goes to sleep, it involves a young man who rides his Suzuki motorcycle and has a run - in with snakes. I always make sure I let him know that the young man, who is really a grown up Brandon, is coming home from or going off to college. Occassionally, he is on vacation from  college and takes a trip to some part of the world. I do this hoping Brandon will get the message that going to college is a good thing for him to do when he grows up.

The other day we were talking about what he would do when he grows up. I offerd him several suggestions to which he said no. "Then what do you want to do when you grow up?' I asked. "Go to school," he said.

1 comment:

  1. LOL---smart grandma----those little messages get through---future imagining has to be there before anything becomes a reality---

    ReplyDelete