Monday, February 28, 2011

coming home after being away for 4 days

My husband and I were away for the weekend. His Mom works late in the evening as a police officer. He stayed with his other grandmother Friday and Sunday nights and Saturday night with his Dad. I was really missing him so I picked him up early this afternoon. I was also trying to avoid the terrible storms that were expected. As soon as we got home , he went to look for Pa and our 2 dogs who were outside. Big hug from Pa and pats for the dogs. Then  we went on our chasing around the pool until I got tired. I owed his mother a badmitton set for her birthday and finally got it today. She must have mentioned it because he wanted to play it. We only tried hitting the little birdy to each other. He found it hard to hit the birdy, got frustrated and cursed.I told him cursing is not allowed. I made him come inside and told him needed to go to his room or my room. He stood in the kitchen with a red face and scrinched  eyes. he yelled "NO I WON'T" We went back and forth with my saying he would and him saying wouldn't. I finally began to take him to his room. He started to cry. I asked if he was having a hard time because we had all been away and he was mad at us. He, looking, at the floor, said yes. We talked about appropriate words to use "darn it" and all was better. The rest of the day he was his usual rambunctious self . Had his bath and washed his hair without a fight. He told me he decided to do it the "easy way."

No comments:

Post a Comment